Friday, January 9, 2015

Frozen

My 16-year old niece was in town and wanted to go to the sing-along version of Frozen at the local discount theater. So my wife & I took her, my first time seeing the movie.

I must say that I was disappointed. Not that the movie was bad or anything but that it felt...competent. Not particularly spectacular looking. Nothing all that memorable in the way of music (other than "Do you wanna build a snowman?"). Plot was pretty "meh". I mean, I was entertained, I just didn't think it was this awesome movie like I'd heard. Definitely not in my animated top 10, that's for sure*. Right at the Tabedoza line for this one: 7/10.

* - since you didn't ask:

1) Up
 
 
 
 
 
(Big Gap)
 
 
 
 
2) The Little Mermaid
3) How to Train Your Dragon
4) Toy Story 3
5) Finding Nemo
6) Shrek
7) Beauty and the Beast
8) Toy Story 1
9) Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
10) Meet the Robinsons

Caveat: I don't watch anime and, no, I haven't seen every Pixar or Disney movie. I'm also probably forgetting one or two that should be in the top 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment