Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Guardians of the Galaxy

Saw this with a couple guys from work. I'm not a comics guy, knew nothing about this franchise until a month before seeing it. Saw the Imax 3D version, spending $29 on ticket/pop/popcorn by the time I was done. Thank god for the $25 gift certificate I had. Anyway, fun movie. Enjoyed it a lot. A nice balance of humor and action without being completely silly. I thought "Rocket" stole the show. Unimpressed with Zoe Saldana as Gamora - thought she looked...old. Definitely liked Karen Gillan as Nebula, would have loved to have seen a lot more of her. As for the Imax and 3D aspects, can't say they were worth the extra money. The 3D was nice but not particularly necessary. I was MUCH more impressed with the 3D in the trailer for the new Hobbit movie. Anyway, a fun time. 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment